Saturday, January 12, 2008

Booster Gold #5 - DC


I actually read this book a couple of weeks ago when it first came out. But, since I try to post in the order that I get them, I really couldn't do anything with the blog. Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that, I was really excited to see this book come out. Booster Gold? Yes, Booster Gold. Whodathunkit? This is actually turning out to be a true diamond in the rough. Of course it doesn't hurt that Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz are writing it. And with Norm Rapmund doing the inks, this is some of the best pencils I've seen from Dan Jurgens in a long time. I really don't mean that in a negative way. I'm a fan of Dan's. I just think that he and Norm mesh really well, and the finished product is outstanding. The colors are vibrant, and it's just, all around, an excellent book. Yes! I know! I'm talking about Booster Gold! The joke of the DC Universe. Well this series is showing that he's decided to use that image to his advantage. People truly underestimate him on a regular basis. This is the issue that he's going to go back and try to save Barbara from the Joker. I really don't want to tell you what happens because it's worth picking up and reading for yourselves. Suffice it to say, it's hard to stop destiny. But Booster's going to give it a shot. And then, at the end of this issue, a couple variations of the Blue Beetle show up . . including Jamie Reyes . . . and ask that he help save Ted Kord. Actually, they kind of demand it. "Despite the so-called "rules" of time travel put in place by Rip Hunter, Ted Kord can and must be saved. The very future of spacetime itself depends on it." And that is why I look forward to this book coming out every month. A fantastic piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment