Saturday, January 12, 2008

JLA Classified #48 - DC


The last chapter found our heroes on the planet Qward getting ready to fight some of their home-grown warriors. The problem is, while they were unconscious, they stole all their weapons. Ollie's arrows, Hal's ring, Ray's belt, Carter's wings, and Wonder Woman's . . . well . . . I guess the could take her belt and lariat and tiara . . . but they can't take her warrior spirit. First of all, I'd like to say that the cover, by Julian Lopez and Bit, is just fantastic. I mean look at it. That is a great cover. Mike Barr does the scripts and Randy Green does the pencils. I'm sure this story is going to have something to do with all the conflict that's going on in the Green Lantern titles right now . . but . . . I just don't know what that is. Our heroes beat the Weaponers, simply because they know their own weapons better than the people that are trying to use them. And with the help of the Underground, which just happens to be lead by the Emperor's wife, Empress Shalindra, they get all the weapons back that had been stolen from the satellite. And, since this was a younger version of Ollie, we got to see his libido in action again. He was making out with the Empress. What a dog! I thought this story was kind of simple. But I do really like this series. Like I said though, maybe it's setting up something, you know, continuity wise, for the Sinestro War story-line. Who knows? It still was a neat story though.

No comments:

Post a Comment