Sunday, January 20, 2008

Justice League of America #16 - DC


This issue left me feeling a bit . . . well . . . I had a few questions. First of all Dwayne McDuffie does the scripts. The stories ok. But that's where some of my questions lie. Joe Benitz does the art. I really like it. It almost has a early Todd McFarlane type feel to it. Anyways, my first question is, if Guy Gardner had stored away all his memorabilia from his bar, and some of it may be . . . well, it could get in to the wrong hands . . don't you think he'd have a more secure place to put it than just your average "Lock & Store"? I mean this is some stuff that could cause some serious damage. I can't even image Guy Gardner being that careless. Why couldn't John Stewart do anything against this Atom guy? Why was Dinah the first to make contact? I mean, I understand she's the leader, but, they're going in to a situation where some people have already disappeared. So wouldn't you want to send in your big gun? And finally, Dinah can't take him down and she's a martial artist, but Roy take him down with a hoe. It's a little bit of a stretch there. But, the main goal was accomplished, we had another interaction with the Tangent Universe. This time the Flash has come across and left behind. There's also a backup story that's . . . ok. It's a holiday thing, so you just know it's going to end up with some good human nature thing. But . . . it was ok. Overall, I liked the book. I just thought there were parts of the store that were a stretch. But I still liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment