Saturday, January 12, 2008

Countdown presents - the Search for Ray Palmer - Superwoman / Batwoman #1 - DC


Ok, this is another series that has me frustrated. I really don't see a point in all of these books, unless it was just to introduce us to some of the worlds in the new multi-verse. Other than that, they seem completely insignificant. Over the course of these 6 or 7 issues, we've accomplished nothing. In this issue, and the last, we at least got some acknowledgement that Ray was actually there. But in most of the books . . . we didn't even get that. In most of the books, the Challengers just popped in to the world, looked around and then left. And since they're looking for a guy that can be the size of an atom, it really didn't seem like they put all that much effort in to that, even. I understand that Bob is probably honing in on the Atom's chronal energy or something. But . . could the guy be any more vague. These heroes didn't ask to come on this trip. He's the one that recruited them. And then they're just supposed to be his little soldiers and not ask questions? Especially with Jason Todd in the mix? Like I said, I'm not exactly sure what the point of all this was, but, apparantly I completely missed it. Now we have to wait for Countdown #18, which is supposed to give us some answers. But this is like those mini-series that I'm always complaining about. Except, this one, we could've left the whole series out, and I don't think you'd have a hard time following the story. It just seems, to me, like a tremendous waste of effort, time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment