Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wolverine Weapon X #10 - Marvel

This issue was a nice change of pace. We've just finished the Asylum story-line, and now Wolverine has decided to take a little bit of a breather. He does keep a rather hectic schedule. Anyways, over the course of the last few months Logan has begun working with a reporter, Melita Garner. And, apparently . . he's falling in love with here. The problem is . . most of the women that he's ever been involved with have ended up dead, or psychotic. Some are both. But I think he really wants this one to be different. It seems like he's actually going to make an effort here. He's already begun telling her about most of his past . . the things he can remember, and . . omitting the things that would give her nightmares. But . . she already knows most of that. She's a reporter . . remember? And I don't really think he has any unrealistic expectations. He tells her up front . .'You could get killed with me. We can't grow old together, even if we wanted to. You'll get old, but I'll stay pretty much the same. I keep crazy hours. Sometimes I even go into space. And don't ever ask me to introduce you to Spider-man.' She knows or meets almost every woman in his life . . even Emma. Whom she doesn't like. But the issue ends with her meeting the one person that could cause the most trouble, and that Logan probably least expects . . Mystique. It looks like we're going to be getting into another story-line next issue. So I don't think we'll be focusing to much attention on this. But . . I'm sure this'll be an underlying theme over the course of time. It should be an interesting foot-note to this plethora of Wolverine books that are out right now. I thought Jason Aaron did a great job with handling this part of Logan's life. And I loved CP Smith's art. I was thinking about dropping this book, but . . now I think I may stick around for a while. There's a whole lot of Wolverine stories out there right now, but . . I thought this issue was interesting . . and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment