Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hulk #20 - Marvel

I'm doing these in reverse order, but . . it doesn't really matter. If you're picky about continuity though, you should read this issue before Incredible Hulk #607. I know . . I keep saying that I'm not going to get sucked into the 'epic' story-lines. But . . I really like this title. I think Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness have done a terrific job. The problem though is that everything that's been happening throughout these 20 issues have all been leading to this. So while everything has been mysterious and cryptic . . it's all been necessary to lead us up to these events. And since I'd probably be picking up the Red-Hulk mini-series anyways, I just figured I'd pick up these cross-over issues of the Incredible Hulk also. However, I will not be picking up the Savage She-Hulks mini. I have to draw the line somewhere. Right? Plus I'm sure I'll get the gist of the story from these other 3 titles. They do have the recap in the front and the back of every issue, so . . I think I can piece it together. Anyways, this issue we find out that the Intelligencia, the group that's trying to gather up the 8 smartest men in the world, are playing both the Red-Hulk and Bruce Banner. Apparently the Red-Hulk was instrumental in putting this group, and it's plans, together in the first place. But then they decided they didn't need him and kicked him out. Now he's gone to the one person they would least expect him to ask for help from . . Bruce. However they both play into the Intelligencia's plans this issue when they decide to go after T'Challa and Hank in Wakanda. They're both there celebrating Ororo's birthday. They've already got Doom and Reed, so this would bring them up to 4 of 8. Their collection is half complete. And the way that the X-Men and Red-Hulk play into their hands this issue . . basically allowing them to make off with their targets . . Jeph did a great job of orchestrating this cluster. And we find out that because of their alliance, the Intelligencia expects that the animosity between Bruce and the Red-Hulk will eventually turn their greatest enemy into their greatest ally. Plans within plans . . wheels within wheels. So far I'm enjoying this story, even if I don't really know exactly what's going on . . yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment