Saturday, February 27, 2010

Incredible Hulk #607 - Marvel

Stop! If you're reading this post, read the Hulk #20 post first. I read and posted these 2 books backwards, but it wasn't until after I had read them both that I realized what I had done. Oops! Sorry! It happens. Anyways, in the Hulk, the Intelligencia have obtained T'Challa and Hank. So they now have 4 of their 8 smartest men. But I'm wondering, since they've discounted Tony because of what he's going through right now . . who will make up the other four? I can think of Hank Pym and Bruce Banner, but I'm at a loss for the other 2. Unless they're bad guys. Anyways, this issue Dr Pym has taken the bait and uses one of the infinite mansions doors to bring him right to the Intelligencia's doorstep. They parlay back and forth with technological genius and gadgets, but eventually the Intelligencia escape, without Dr Pym being able to follow. Plus he has bigger threats to worry about . . the She-Hulk is attacking the Avengers right now. Dr Pym goes back to help them, and that's when Bruce and Skaar show up. He knew that they'd go after Dr Pym next, and he's come to intercept. But the She-Hulk shoots Dr Pym with a ray that does to him pretty much what the Intelligencia did to Doom . . they're trying to drain his brain functions. However, in Dr Pym's case it's also sent him into seizures. So the side-effects are . . it could kill him. Bruce forms a temporary alliance with the She-Hulk, so he can help Pym. But Henry's suspects that there's something up. He calls in the rest of the Avengers. A melee ensues, but the point is . . when Bruce stabilizes Pym, the She-Hulk grabs him up and takes off. Afterwards, Bruce has to try to convince the Avengers that he's actually trying to fix this situation. So he fills them in on the whole story. He appeals to the 'loves' that they have all lost and tells them that Betty is still alive. He's got a tracker on her DNA. The issue ends with the whole group ready to attack and retrieve. I thought this was an interesting issue. The Intelligencia are up to 5 now . . but I'm not sure where they go from here. Greg Pak did a good job with the story, and I absolutely loved Paul Pelletier's art. It looked fantastic. Probably some of the best I've ever seen from this guy. And I already thought he was good. So now we've got about 5 issues, and a month's time, to go in this story-line. I've enjoyed it so far. I just hope that the ending pays off. I just don't know that we're going to get answers to all our unanswered questions here. Some . . but not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment