Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Red Robin #9 - DC

Well . . Dick's back in Gotham. And despite all the negative stuff that people say about it . . he's happy to be home. However, he's not ready to run into any of the other 'costumes' running around Gotham right now. He and Tam seem to be developing a nice relationship. But technically . . they aren't in one . . yet. However, she does seem a little miffed when he takes off all of the time. But considering that she knows his secret, I'd think she'd be able to give him at least a little lead-way. My favorite scene of the book though is when Connor comes to visit Tim. He looks at him for a little bit, and then gives him a big hug. Connor says, 'Tim? Buddy? If you're trying to be all dark and grim now, this isn't going to help.' He's just happy that Connor is alive. He's known that Connor and Bart were back, but he's been very busy and he hasn't really had time to stop and soak it all in. However, he's got 2 concerns on his mind. First of all . . he's found proof that Bruce is still alive and he seems to be bouncing around through time. Secondly . . Ra's is still pissed about what Tim did to his organization so . . he's come to Gotham and thrown down the gauntlet. 'I am calling you to make sure you are ready for what is about to happen. Your punishment. The League of Assassins is my legacy. It seems only fair that I have everyone that Bruce Wayne ever loved, everything he ever built, destroyed. It has already begun. The first casualty has already been chosen.' So now Tim's' decided that he needs some help. He goes back to the Bat-cave hoping that he can get someone to help him start scouring Gotham. But . . the only one he can find is . . Stephanie. Batgirl. 'Hi! I'm not wearing the Spoiler costume anymore. Just like you asked.' This should be an interesting team-up. This story continues next into Batgirl #8. I like this book. No matter what costume he's wearing, I think Tim is a fantastic character. Probably one of the best characters to come out of the Bat-mythos since Dick. And Chris Yost seems to be doing a great job of chronicling his adventures. So far, I'm enjoying Marcus To's pencils also. He really has a great flow to his pages. If I have to pick one thing I don't like about the book . . I guess I'd have to say that it's Alfred's lack of involvement. But . . that could all change in an instant, so . . we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment