Sunday, February 28, 2010

Teen Titans #80 - DC

To be perfectly honest . . I wasn't very thrilled with this issue. Maybe it was the whole thing with the Milestone characters . . I don't know, but . . everything just seemed kind of forced. Static has gone back to Dakota because of the flu outbreak . . basically. I mean, he knows there's more to it than just that. There's the whole thing with the hording of the vaccinations, and there's a lot of panic in the streets over all of this, but . . basically it's flu outbreak. So Holocaust realizes that Static is in town and wants to try to convince him to get in league with him. Probably because he's not thrilled about the alternative. It wouldn't be good for business for Static to be running around wreaking havoc. But everything about his 'sell' is just lame. At one point Holocaust is talking about all or the money that he's personally sunk into the neighborhoods. He says that he'll be 100% legit inside of 2 years. And that part of the problem is that he's having trouble with some of the other gangs and crime organizations don't really want the peace. So . . there's a couple of things wrong there. First . . if it's going to take him 2 years to become legit . . then no matter how he spins it, he's not legit now. Secondly, even if he's trying to help the community . . he's still fighting with the other gangs. Which is what he's always done. So . . nothing has really changed. It all just seemed like to much of a hard sell. I don't know why Holocaust is trying so hard. Yes it's Static, but . . it's one person. I don't know that 1 person could make that much of an impact. Plus . . I don't know why Static is even bothering to listen. He knows Holocaust's history. Anybody can 'talk the talk', but can he 'walk the walk'? The other thing that I couldn't buy was that the Teen Titans came to help Static out. But . . they wander around Dakota for 2 days and haven't seen or heard a trace of him. I mean . . they're the Teen Titans. Somebody is going to notice. But then when Static finally refuses Holocaust's offer . . he tells him that he doesn't buy his story . . Holocaust attacks, and all of the sudden the Titans are right on top of him. I wasn't overly thrilled with the dialogue either. Anyways, I've been trying to stick with these guys through thick and thin. I like this group. And now . . now they seem to be getting their team back together. Garfield and Raven have arrived. And then they come in to a story like this. I'm sorry . . I just couldn't get in to it. Even the art was off. There were some panels that looked really . . goofy. I don't know. That's the best way I can describe it. Hopefully this will clear itself up a little bit next issue. Or at least wrap up the story so that we can move on to something else. This issue . . I was not a fan. Sorry. Felicia D Henderson wrote it, with Joe Bennett and Eduardo Pansica on the pencils. All I can say is . . better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment