Saturday, February 20, 2010

Batgirl #7 - DC

I have to say . . I'm really enjoying this book. I've always liked Stephanie's character. Yes, she's a bit impulsive. Yes, she's a bit reckless. And yes, for a while there she was a bit whiny. But she seems to be past the whiny stage, and for the most part the recklessness and impulsiveness generally work for her. Plus . . I absolutely love the report and dialogue between her and Damian. 'Robin and I are moving to intercept. 'Guess he didn't get the memo about the team-up . . . . 'guess I didn't get the memo that this is what happens when you work with a ten year-old.' Anyways, Batgirl and Robin are attempting to make it to Devil's Square where Roulette has set up a gauntlet of sorts for Batman to make his way through. After she helped him crash down there, of course. The ending is never really in question, just the means to getting there. This story-arc has basically been about Stephanie proving herself to Dick . . and Damian. Dick wasn't very happy when he found out what she was doing, and even less so when he figured out that Barbara was helping her. But now . . he's more comfortable with the way she handles herself. He may not be completely happy about it . . yet, but . . I think he is a little relieved that Barbara has become her mentor. 'She reminds me of you. You know. From before . . everything . . .' So I think that they've come to an understanding. Batman & Robin will work out of the Wayne-tech building, and Babs and Stephanie will continue to work out of the cave. I'm glad that we got this little 'proving-ground' out of the way. Now we can move on to Batgirl's own stories. My only concern is . . with the return of the Birds of Prey on the horizon . . how will that effect Babs time with Steph? Or will Steph become a Bird also? I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one. But if you read Red Robin, you know that next issue Tim & Steph are back together again. I can't wait to see what happens. Bryan Q Miller and Lee Garbett are doing fantastic job. Keep up the good work, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment