Saturday, February 20, 2010

Haunt #5 - Image

I've liked this book from the beginning. I thought that it had a unique feel to it. But now that we're up to issue #5? I think this is one of those books that pulls you in a little more every time you read it. Robert Kirkman, Greg Capullo, Ryan Ottley and Todd McFarlane are all doing a fantastic job here. My only complaint is that it seems like Spawn has been put on hold during the launch of this book. I hope that book gets back on track. Soon! Anyways, Daniel and Kurt seem to have recovered from their recent excursion as the Haunt. They assume that it was because Kurt was pushing them so hard that thier energy was so completely depleted. They were trying to save his wife after all. But now they've volunteered for a new mission. It turns out that Mirage had gotten Shillinger's notes and she was going to sell them to Hurg. He's that big guy that hired Cobra to come after them in the last couple of issues. Anyways, the agency that Kurt worked for wants to stop the sale, and to retrieve the notes. Which they do, when one of Hurg's female body-guards is seriously hurt and he chooses to save her over retrieving the notes. However, once in the Agency's hands . . Asst Director Rhodes shows her true colors and kills Director Stantz as she escapes from the facility. Which makes Asst Director Tosh, another one of Kurt's former love interests, the acting Director. Later she comes to Daniel with an offer. 'Your situation makes you a special case. Kurt was the best agent we ever had. To get him back we're willing to take you in . . train you to better work with him. To be honest. We're also the tiniest bit desperate. You've got 2 weeks to get your life in order while HQ is being rebuilt. I'll need you to report in then.' Daniel and Kurt have a heart to heart talk where Kurt express' how this job, this life basically destroyed his and Amanda's relationship. And although he's dead, I think he's glad to be out of it. I think the only reason he's still around is because he and Daniel are connected. Plus I think he's trying to protect him since he inadvertantly pulled him into this. He feels guilty. So when Tosh tells Daniel what's up . . Daniel actually looks happy. But Kurt doesn't. That's the opposite of what I would've expected coming into this issue. Anyways, I'm really enjoying this book. I'm trying not to get pulled into the variant covers, but . . I do find them on E-Bay pretty cheap now and then, so . . how can I not pass up a deal? Right? If any of you have even thought about giving this book a chance, I say . . go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment