Sunday, February 28, 2010

Red Hulk #2 - Marvel

This issue gives us everything we ever wanted to know . . whether we knew it or not . . about Thundra. I'm sorry. I don't mean for that to sound overly negative. To tell you the truth . . I really didn't know all that much about this character. Anyways, if you know all of this . . I'm sorry, but . . Thundra comes from the future. And a world who's race is dying. So . . she came back in time for a DNA sample from the strongest man she could think of . . the Hulk. Which leads us up to the ending of the previous issue . . in which the Red Hulk reveals to Bruce that he has a daughter, Lyra. Apparently, after Thundra retrieved her sample, the time machine failed her when she tried to return to the future. Which is how she came to be stuck in our time and helping out the likes of the Intelligencia. Now it appears that the Leader and his ilk are trying to retain here services. Probably just for her sheer power. So while they could probably easily send her back to her own time . . instead they're trying to negotiate with her. And, for some reason . . the Red Hulk is trying to help her return. Probably for the exact opposite of the Leader . . he's trying to remove his 'big hitters'. Anyways, through the course of this issue, along with Thundra and Lyra's story, we get a little more insight into the Leader's plans, and . . that of the Red Hulk. I thought it was an ok book, but . . I didn't feel like it really progressed the story-line at all. Actually, it just seemed like more of an informational journey. Jeff Parker wrote it, with Carlos Rodriquez doing the art. So . . I'll most likely stick with this one through it's short run. I am interested in the story. But . . afterwards I'll probably go back to my one HULK issue purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment