Sunday, December 02, 2007

Welcome to Tranquility #12 - WildStorm



Say it isn't so! It looks like this is going to be the last issue of Tranquility. The next issue blurb reads . . . "The end - for now!" That really sucks! I really liked this book. It was a typical super-hero book, but it wasn't. It was a "supers" book . . with a twist. They were all like reluctant, or just retired, heroes. I like the way it was kind of a Eureka, but with supers as the backdrop, instead of Global Dynamics. And I really enjoyed Neil Googe's art. I've been a fan of his for a while now, but really, I don't even think he's hit his full potential yet. I think this kid is really going to set the medium on fire. Which he does this issue, with his demon character. Also the fantastic writing of Gail Simone, has really set this series apart from the rest. Maybe it has something to do with this whole WildStorm Armageddon thing. We're getting bits and pieces of it, as it goes from title to title in 1-shots. So hopefully, when that dust settles, they'll decide to do something with these characters. I know Gail will still be around. She is doing like 7 or 8 books a month. So there will be plenty of places to find her wry wit. I just hope they keep Neil on staff someplace with some book in the WildStorm or DC Universe. This kid really is an incredible talent. They need to keep him busy. And we need to see his incredible art. But most of all, I'll miss one of my favorite books while it's forced in to hiatus. I really hope it's not gone for long. And I really hope they decide to do something with these characters. But, I guess, in the end, it's really not up to me. All I can do is hope and dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment