Monday, December 24, 2007

Deathblow #8 - WildStorm


Carlos D'Anda is finally back on the pencils this month, but it looks like it may be his swan song, because I think there's only one issue to go. Either that, or they may just start a new story-arc with a new creative team in April or May. But right now, issue #9 is supposed to come out in February, and it's the last issue listed. But with this issue, Michael is finally to the point where he's ready to start asking the hard questions. Everything he thought he came back to turned out to be a lie. And now . . . it's all gone. So all he has left is his training . . . what his purpose in life seems to be . . . . the killing of others. Or more specifically THEM. I'm not sure what the acronym stands for, but it's who THEY are fighting. He tries to save Jump, but it's questionable how effective he was. And the Dino-bot has the Gen-bomb. And we're really not sure what his intentions are yet either. But he definitely seems to be a bit . . . bent, I guess is the best word. So Michael is taking the war to THEM. The questions he's starting to ask are, "Why was I held prisoner for six years? From what I remember, while there, I died . . . 3 times. I died. And then I lived. Why? Or is it how? I need to know . . . or so help me I'm gonna start a war." And as he jumps on the Dino-bot, with guns blazing, the issue concludes. I really like Brian Azzarello's writing style, but, it's always the final chapter of the story before you really start to understand how everything all fits together. So next issue . . . we should have some answers. And they'll come . . . right before the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment