Sunday, December 09, 2007

Legion of Super-heroes in the 31st Century #8 - DC



I'm sorry. I know sometimes I'm repetitive. Every month I read these Johnny DC books, and every month I talk about how much fun they are and a nice change of pace from the usually somber super-hero market. Well . . . I'm here to say it again. This issue was mostly about Triplicate Girl. We got a glimpse of the different personalities of the different egos. It was fun. We also saw the return of Star-Finger. But for some reason, nobody else seems to remember him. I'm not sure what's up with that. There also was the beginning of a budding romance between Triplicate and Bouncing Boy. Seems kind of a mismatch to me, but hey . . . whatever floats your boat. Anyways, it was just a lot of fun, and a very pleasant distraction. I'm really thankful that this line is out there.

2 comments:

  1. HI there ;D

    Triplicate Girl and Bouncing boy actually got married in the pre-Crisis on infinite earths continuity, after a consistant courtship in which the guy won the girls heart, not out of his looks, but out of being one heck of a fella :)... And, well, a guy who can please a woman who van triplicate/duplicate herself... well, he's a guy who can please indeed, LOL

    So I imagine there's some chance that the relationship might work also in the Johnny DC universe

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's what I like so much about this series. It's pretty close to Legion history, but not 100%. But, it does open up this fantastic group to a whole new audience. I turned my nephew on to the Sat am cartoon, and now he likes it better than Teen Titans Go! His enthusiasm when he talks about the characters is infectious. It's nice to see that look in a "newbies" eyes.

    ReplyDelete