Sunday, December 30, 2007

Batman and the Outsider #2 - DC


For those of you who worried about all the new members on this Outsiders team . . . you needn't have worried. Two of them separate themselves from the ranks, already, this issue. It was Catwoman's job to break them in to this facility. And after she does, and she sees what they're facing . . . a mutant OMAC . . . she decides, she's out. And the Martian Manhunter, who really just came along to gather intel, informs the Batman, "I have secured the creature as you wished. The data I collected at Jardine is available to you. I want you to be aware that I have made all of this known to the Justice League. I cannot guarantee how they will react. You will have to do without my aid as well as my counsel, Bruce." While at the same time, Thunder is begging to get on the group. But, I think, Batman has very specific plans for this group. And the membership is going to be determined by the project that they're undertaking, and the trials and obstacles that they'll be facing in that pursuit. So, I think, that the core group is only going to consist of Grace, Katana and Metamorpho. Maybe Thunder. She's nothing if not persistent. But as I said, the rest of the participants will depend on the op. Which, apparently, Batman is getting ready for the next one, because at the end of this issue Batgirl joins their little group. Thunder confronts her on the balcony, but is soon thrown through the window. Batgirl's only response is, "I was invited!" This looks to be a pretty cool concept. I'm not really sure of all the mechanics yet, but I'm sure Chuck Dixon will bring us up to speed soon enough. They also have an incredible art team of Carlos Rodriguez and Bit. But Doug Braithwaite does the covers. I've been with this group since day 1. And it looks like I'm going to be here for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment