Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gen13 - Armageddon #1 - WildStorm


This time it's Caitlin's turn to take a trip in to the future. Our little band of misfits are just getting ready for a fun game of basketball, when Void steps in and borrows Caitlin. It really doesn't seem like we're all that far in the future. I'd say a year or 2 at the most. But anyways, we really don't learn anything new about the coming threat this issue. All we really do learn is that the Coda are there. But, I don't think they had anything to do with what happened. They just happen to be the strongest organized group that's left, so they set up shop. However, their numbers are also diminished during the coming calamity, so they are recruiting women from what ever sources they can find. Caitlin, Roxy and Rainmaker happen to fall in to their sights. It seems to me that whomever Void takes in to the future, to try to figure out what happened, gets caught up in whatever hardships have befallen their own individual groups. Also, as witnessed in the previous chapters, Void only has so much time allotted for the trips. But, as was the case this issue, Caitlin finds out that her "family" is being held captive by the Coda. So her main interest becomes to break them free. However, by the time she's done with that, Void has no more time left. I think that Void is trying to put them in familiar surroundings, or at least close to the people they know, so they can try to glean some information out of them. But, as I said, they get caught up in their own concerns, or concerns for their loved ones, and then information gathering is not their primary concern. I think Void is going to continue to fail, as long as she keeps taking this approach. Unless she's seeing or getting some information that we're not. So, as far as progressing through this Armageddon story-line, I pretty much felt that this chapter was worthless. Although it is a nice Gen13 book. I particularly liked the artwork of Jonboy Meyers. I thought that his style was perfect for this book. I'm wondering why they can't get him to do the regular series? I think it would make the book much more consistent, visually, with previous incarnations. But, that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment