Sunday, December 30, 2007

American Virgin #21 - Vertigo


Unfortunately, for me, I'd have to say that this one is probably in my bottom 10. I've tried to stick with it. Hoping that it would go someplace. But . . . for me . . . nothing. From the looks of the cover, it appears that Adam is going to be a father. He and Vanessa have been going at it like rabbits lately, so . . why not? But it's actually Cyndi, Adam's sister who thinks she's pregnant. But, how can that be? I mean, her lover, Mel, is actually a woman. A mystery for a future book, I guess. Anyways, the whole sordid group are on their way to Havana to find Adam's real father. He and Mamie split up when Adam was young, because her father didn't think she'd have any kind of future with a Cuban. But when they make it to Havana, and they find Adam's father, the priest, they immediately fall passionately into each other's arms. Apparently the spark is still there. Meanwhile, Mel tried to get Adam to cancel the trip because he found out that "Batu Balan's #1 pig is roasting himself in the Dominican Republic. I got unfinished business . . you got unfinished business . . I say we go finish it." And although Adam is tempted, right now he feels that the trip they're on is more important. And on their way, he and Vanessa join the Mile High Club. Who'da thunk it? Anyways, this book isn't terrible. It's just . . . really . . . one big soap-opera. The problem is, it's just not that interesting. And the artwork is definitely not something to jump for joy about. So why am I still buying it? I'm asking myself the same question.

No comments:

Post a Comment