Saturday, December 16, 2006

Wolverine Origins #8 - Marvel


I still like this book, but I think I'm going to stop buying the alternate covers. They're getting kind of lame. And, I do realize they're just a marketing ploy to sell more copies. So I'm just going to pick out my favorite of the 2 each month, kind of like I do with all the Lady Death covers they keep putting out. Anyways, we're still on the Carbonadium storyline. Wolverine's trying to get a synthesizer for it, so it's not used as a weapon. Not to mention it is kind of his Kryptonite, since that's what Weapon X was using all those times to brainwash him. And also because he's found out he has a son, and he doesn't want anyone to use it on him, as it was used on himself in the past. But, Omega Red is also after it, I think, because he's dying and that's the only thing that can save him. In the process, Maverick and Jubillee have come back into the picture. And now he's put Jubillee in danger, as Omega Red has taken her. So, Logan is off to Berlin to try to get her back. If the future catches up to the present, as it often does, especially in this book, it looks like Sabretooth will be wrapped up in the mix pretty soon also. And on the final page, Logan is confronted by the Black Widow. Boy Wolvie sure has a complicated past. Good series though.

No comments:

Post a Comment