Saturday, December 16, 2006

Batman and the Mad Monk #4 - DC


Sorry! Another less that stellar critique here, but, I'm just not satisfied with what I got out of this issue. Don't get me wrong. I like this story. I like what they're trying to do with this set of mini-series. And, I'm a big fan of Matt Wagner's. But, this particular issue just fell a bit short for me. I really like this "getting back to Batman's roots" thing. And I like seeing him when he wasn't the "Dark Knight", just "the Batman". I just felt like this was really a fill in issue. I didn't get much out of it. And, I feel, when the series is all said and done, that if you reread it and take this issue out, it won't make a bit of difference. But, that's just me. I mean, we learned a little bit about Commissioner Gordon this issue. Very little. And we're left with the old style Batman cliff hanger ending. But other than that, no substance for me. I'm sure this series will end with a bang, but this particular issue was definitely a whimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment