Monday, December 11, 2006

Midnighter #1 - Wildstorm


In this book we get to see the Midnighter for who he really is . . . . . . . a cold hearted bastard. He's not the "teammate" of the Authority that everyone thinks he is. And he's definitely not the warm fuzzy guy that he appears to be when he's with Apollo. Which also makes me wonder if Apollo even knows his true nature. No he's a cold hearted prick with ice running through his veins. Since the Authority has seen less action of late, he also goes out solo, to any hot spot on the world, just for shits and giggles, and a little murder and mayhem. It's how he gets his impulses out of his system. But, on his most recent trip, somebody has bushwhacked him when he tries to use a door, in the space between where he enters and where he exits. While he's out, they install a bomb in his chest, and remove his ability to see his opponents first move. Right now he looks completely vulnerable, but me, I think he's just waiting and trying to size up his opponent. He'll strike when it's prudent. Plus I think he really just wants to know why they decided to do this to him. Which doesn't take long, because they finally tell him that they want to hire him to kill Adolph Hitler. And that's where the issue ends. Chris Sprouse does the art, which is ok. It's not my favorite. But, I'll give it a couple issue before I judge on how he does for the feel of this book. Garth Ennis is the author. And as you all know, I think he is brilliant. I've been an Authority fan ever since the beginning, so this book really intrigues me. Here's hoping that it lives up to it's lineage.

No comments:

Post a Comment