Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hellblazer #226 - Vertigo


We're still dealing with this empathy engine thing. But, John and Ange think they have a way to beat it. But to do that they need to go the third place. John's figured out that imagination works the best there. So my guess is he wants to create things, from his imagination, that will stir the feeling in the people that are stuck there. Also they've figured out that these John Eardly paintings seem to stir up emotions in people for some reason. By the time they get out, they find that Nicola has given in to the empathy, and jumped over the side of the building, and something is happening with Cole. Denise Mica is doing a fine job holding John to his history. The book has a lot of the same feel it always had. I also like the idea of this empathy engine thing. My only concern is that when this story wraps up, I'd like to see even more imagination from her. John is just such an interesting and complex character, that I think there's a lot more that could be done with him than we're necessarily seeing. Also Leonardo Manco's art shows signs of improvement every issue. I wasn't thrilled with him at first, but he's really giving the book his own feel. And lets not forget the awesome Lee Bermejo cover. Like I said, I'm still with the book, I just hope maybe we try some new avenues.

No comments:

Post a Comment