Sunday, December 31, 2006

Noble Causes #25 - Image

I'd love to show you a picture of the cover, but I can't. I can't seem to find one anywhere on the web. But, who knows? It'll show up sooner of later. When it does, I'll post it for you. Anyways, I really love this book. And this is the double sized 25th issue. $5 for a monthly comic. Say it isn't so! I remember how traumatic it was when they went up to 60 and then 75 cents. But now $5? I knew it was inevitable, but I never thought I'd see it. Anyways, Jay Faerber does write a good story. So I guess he deserves compensation for his hard work. But $5? Sorry . . . . . . I'll quit. Anyways, we pick up where we left off last issue with Liz jumping in the way of the Tachyon's the professor are shooting at Race. She really does love her husband. Of course they hit her, and then she's out of the gate. She starts bouncing around through time, but always staying connected to the Noble family. Eventually she hits a point where Doc can come up with a meter to help regulate the energy, and hopefully help her direct it so she can get back home. But, she has to bounce forward 2 or 3 more times, until she can get to a point where Doc's little invention can be adjusted the right way, and it's actually useful. In this time, she learns a lot about the future of the Noble family, and also a little unexpected possible future of her own. But the one thing she finds out is that in all the instances, she has played a big part in making the Noble family who they are at that time. So hopefully this will help alleviate some of her insecurities. Anyways, she almost gets home, but gets caught up in a big fight at the Noble estate. She gets hit with some kind of energy beam, and it sends her right back to the moment that she left. As far as Race and Celeste are concerned, she never left. But, she does have the costume on that they gave her in the future, and she's still wearing the tachyon meter. They get her into a hospital to help her recover. Who knows how long she was out. But when she does come to, she can't remember anyone or anything. I also like Jay's cliffhanger endings. The art in this book was pretty decent also. Jon Bosco, whom I still think is improving, did the opening and closing chapters. But they had a different artist for every time zone that Liz ended up in. I really like this book, and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment