Monday, December 11, 2006

Jonah Hex #13 - DC


This book has been both a boon and a burden to me. It's a boon, in that I get to read western stories in this day and age. Well written stories that really capture the feel of the era. The burden is that it's forced me to go looking for old issues of Jonah Hex, Weird Western and All-Star Western comics. No easy feat, some thirty years later. But, it's my curse. Ha-Ha! Not really. I put it on myself. I'm a completest. And when I start getting something I like, like this new series, I want to acquire and acquaint myself with what came before. But really, that's just an excuse for me to collect some more. This issue is the first of a 3 part, "Origin of Jonah Hex" story. All I can say is, it's about time. Everything we've come to know about his is either rumor, conjecture or urban myth. Take your pick. But now we're going to see where he really comes from, and why he does and acts the way he does. And this new series, definitely lives up to everything that's come before. They can definitely be proud of themselves. Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment