Monday, December 11, 2006

Blue Beetle #8 - DC


I want to like this story. I really do. It's just . . . . . it's having a hard time keeping my interest. First, I really don't like the art. Maybe the style is trying to build something in the book, or a reflection of some . . . theme . . . . . I don't know. It's just not my cup of tea. And, I really can't see this book lasting much longer than say . . . . oh . . . . issue #20, maybe. Yes I believe that Jamie is the new Blue Beetle, and I'm glad to have him back. But . . . . . I don't know . . . . . . I'm just not buying in to the whole thing. But I'll tell you what's going on, so you'll know. Jamie and Brenda are off to find Dan Garrett. You know, the original Blue Beetle. Well, he's not around anymore, but his daughter is. And her name is also Dan, well . . . . actually Danielle. They're hoping that maybe she can give them some answers as to what this whole blue scarab thing is. Also, the new Peacemaker is along for the ride. They don't end up learning much, other than the lineage of the Blue Beetle. The whole Dan Garrett, to Ted Kord, to Jamie Reyes thing. And it seems like the scarab has acted differently with each recipient. They also have this monster thing chasing them. He keeps saying that the Beetle is the angel heralding the beginning of Armageddon. Also he's huge, powerful and apparently can't be killed. They do however subdue him. They leave with all the documentation Dan, Danielle, will give them, and move on to the next part of their adventure, finding out about Peacemaker. I really think a change in the art would help, but they also need to quit dragging out this story. I don't really care who or what he is. I just want him to move on to some real adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment