Saturday, December 16, 2006

Birds of Prey #100 - DC


Issue #100. Finally! In the middle of this run, I was a little worried on whether we were going to get here or not. Not that it wasn't a good title. It just started to get a little lackluster. Then . . . . . . Gail Simone came on board. What can I say? From then on, it was magical. She brought a feel and style to this book, that it needed to carry it past the centennial mark. She's had a series of artists since then, some good, some. . . . ok. But overall, it's been a fantastic run. These are some characters that definitely need their own book, and I sincerely hope that this one lasts, at least, for another 100 issues. Prop to all involved! And a big THANKS!! My only regret is that Black Canary is moving on. But, it's inevitable in the evolution of her character. I don't think she'll be gone completely. I'm sure she'll be back here and there. And she starts out with her own back-up story in this issue. This issue kinds of wraps up some of the previous ones, and starts into some new storylines. Including Oracle's new adversary, I think, in the U.S. Govt., Katarina Armstrong. She seems to have a hard on for the Birds, but we don't really know why just yet. They got another new penciller on this issue, Nicola Scott. Hopefully she sticks around for a while, because she looks to have some great potential. Like I said, I hope we get another 100 out of this. Keep up the good work Gail.

No comments:

Post a Comment