Sunday, July 02, 2006

Warlord #5 - DC

Ok this issue epitomizes what the series is about. Travis has taken on the role of the returned god, though apparently under the influence of some kind of magic. Or, maybe he's being posessed by someone? Regardless, he swoops in to Shamballah, literally on the back of 2 winged steeds, and starts kicking ass and taking names. He's yeilding the magical "Sword of Truth". It appears that nothing, not prince Bovis or his army, can stop him. But then Terry who, with Alexa, has been searching for Travis and his plane, finds the plane, enters the cockpit and turns it on. Boom!!! Travis' magic is gone. I'm not sure what the connection is here, but I'm sure we'll find out more next issue. Although the treasure vessel in the treasure chamber, does bear more than a striking resemblance to Travis' ship that is still underwater. Coincidence? I can't give enough credit to Bruce Jones' story and writing. It is just phenomonal. And Bart Sears' artwork, apparentely he's doing his own inking with this series, is taking some serious strides. I really liked the flow of this issue. I know. Bart is an established superstar. But, with this series he seems to be experimenting with some different styles. I wasn't to thrilled at first, but it's really growing on me. The full page with Travis riding in on the 2 winged steeds was breathtaking. I had a lot of hopes for this series, and they seem to be coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment