Saturday, July 08, 2006

New Excalibur #9 - Marvel

As you can see, I'm an X nut. I get everything X related. Although, I'm not doing the X-Myths or all of the solo mini series. But, I do all the team books. And this one looks like it's going to be a good one. I really like Scott Kolins being on this book now too. I like the feel that he brings to the stories. Hopefully he'll stay here for a while. He was the only reason I bought Marvel Team-Up. But eventually I couldn't even buy it for him. I just couldn't feel it anymore. He didn't stick around much longer either, so I'm glad I dropped it. Anyways, we're dealing with Chamber this issue. After M-Day, when he lost his powers, he went to Weapon X. With an implant embedded in his chest, he was made more normal. Eventually this blew up in his face though, literally. Well, come to find out, he's actually a descendent of Apocalypse. Or at least that's what he's told by Ozymandias who is posing as Apocalypse. Excalibur comes in thinking that they are going to save him, but Jono isn't looking to be saved. The "Brotherhood of Apocalypse" or the BofA, I wonder if they have a lodge?, actually the Clan of Akkaba, have given him a semblance of normalcy, although he does bear a resemblance to Apocalypse, and he has a marking permanentaly emblazened across his chest. By the time Excalibur gets into the house where they were holding Jono, it's been cleaned out and the only thing Pete Wisdom has to go on is the markings on Jono's chest. This is another book that has huge potential. I really like the group of characters they've assembled for this incarnation. I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment