Sunday, July 02, 2006

SOLO #11 - DC


I love this concept. Basically, they focus on an artist each month, and let them do whatever they want to fill up the book. This month's focus is Sergio Aragone's, with writing help by Mark Evanier. I can't say enough about this guy. His artwork is so simplistic, yet dead on the subject. If you're not sure who I'm talking about, he's been in every Mad Magazine you've ever read. He's also the artistic force behind Groo the Wanderer. It amazes me that this guy is almost 70 years old. The irony and humor in his stips, has always been ahead of it's time, yet relevant to current events. I don't want to bog you down with statistics, because there's a "Focus On-" at the end of the book. Suffice it to say, this guy is an icon. And this series is cool too. Next issues focus is Brendan McCarthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment