Saturday, July 15, 2006

Secret Six #2 - DC

This book is just too cool. Great team of players. And they work outside of the normal realm of operations, so the way they handle things is awesome. Of course with Gail Simone at the helm, I would expect no less. We have a scene where Scandal, who is in love with Knockout, is terrorizing Pistolera who sent the bomb in that may have killed her. She's trying to find out who ordered the hits on all of the Six, but she's having difficulty making the killing stroke. So, in an act of kindness, Deadshot finishes Pistolera for her. Scandal's reply is, "I don't know whether to kill you or kiss you.", to which Deadshot replys, "Relax, sis. I knew you'd feel bad if you pulled the stopper and let the water drain out, so I did it for you. No big deal." Classic!!! I think by the end of this series, Catman may be the Wolverine of the DC Universe. He's come a long way in just the short time since Infinite Crisis began. He's going to be the character you love to hate. I think!! There's a little touching moment in a Monestary where Catman is questioning Jade to find out where the money trail goes. But there investigation is led astray when Jade brings out her baby, Thomas' baby. During the course of their quipping back and forth Lawton says, "Kid, a word to the wise. Soon as you can, get some new parents." This is a cool team. Its' a shame it's only 6 issues. But anyways, I like the story, I like the characters and I like the art.

No comments:

Post a Comment