Saturday, July 15, 2006

Detective Comics #821 - DC

Very simplistic story. Batman is looking for someone who is attacking well to do people in Gotham. It's someone who seems to know where they'll be, and can fit in with them without suspicion. It ends up being a guy who runs a society club in Gotham. He would've gotten away with it, except one of his operatives decided to go out on his own and make his own money, so of course he was sloppy. As I said, this was a 1 issue story and very simplistic. This was less of a "Whodunnit" and more of "whenwilltheycatchthefreak" story. I mean 3 pages into it and you really kind of have an idea of who, how and why they did it. Very simplistic. The only thing that really saves the book is J.H.WilliamsIII artwork. As always he is incredible. He even had some of the psychedelic type panels that we got used to seeing in Promethea. Cool stuff. Also the cover was awesome. All of these Simone Bianchi covers are works of art. But then, and I really hate to say it, this is the kind of mediocre stuff we've come to expect from this book for the last couple of years. Get a regular team on this book, so they can sink their teeth in. And please try to decide what type of genre your shooting for. It keeps changing every 6 to 8 months. I don't think I'm speaking only for myself when I state that I'm buying this book out of loyalty for the character. And that's really the only reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment