Sunday, July 16, 2006

Jonah Hex #9 - DC

Honestly, I'm not a big western fan. When this book came out a few months ago I bought it for 2 reasons. 1 being that Loveless was so awesome. If Vertigo could do that well with a new western, I figured DC could do just as well with an established character. Plus it seemed as if they were making a committment to get back into the genre. 2nd I bought it out of nostalgia. I didn't buy a lot of westerns back in the 70's. But, I did like Weird Westerns. And Jonah was in a lot of those issues. Tony DeZuniga did the artwork on this issue. While I wasn't blown away, it was very nostalgic because he did the artwork on so many of the issues way back when. Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti seem to have a real handle on the storylines. I also like how they are single issue stories. I bought this thinking that I'd stick with it for a little while to see how I liked it, but now, I hope it sticks around for a while. Kind of a neat Black & White sketch cover on this issue also. Even if you're not a fan of westerns, I think you'll like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment