Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ultimate Spider-man #96 - Marvel

Spiderman, Morbius, Brian Michael Bendis, what more could you ask for. Morbius appears to be after some new group of vampires or werewolves or both. Peter of course doesn't know this, and comes up in the middle not knowing which side is which. All he knows is that his friend, Ben Urich, has been bitten and he needs to do something to try to help him. Of course Peter impedes both side of this little fray, trys to help Ben, but in the end there's nothing he can do. Only Morbius can save him. Which he does eventually, but not before another frakus with the other vampire gang. Before disspearing he leaves Peter with a little advice, "If we ever bump into each other again . . . . . Let's both pray that you've grown the $%#@ up." This really gets to the core of how Peter's been feeling lately. The next day in biology class with MJ, he tells her, "Listen to me. It's happening again. OK? I'm seeing things I shouldn't be seeing. I'm too young to be doing and seeing these things. Daredevil warned me. They all warned me." He breaks down and they end up embracing each other on the last page. I just realized this is the first issue, in probably the last 8 to 10, that we haven't seen Kitty. Huh? But anyways I really like the way this book takes Peter all the way back to his teenage roots. His teenage angst. This is really what has made Spider-man who he his. And have I mentioned that I love the Ultimate books?

No comments:

Post a Comment