Saturday, July 15, 2006

Outsiders #38 - DC

Fantastic book. Judd Winick has this team going at a breakneck speed. But, to them, it's just an everyday 'thang. I thought I would be dissapointed with Pop Mahn taking the pencil reins this month, but his style fit in perfectly with the story. The Outsiders are going after Silver & Grey, Mallah and the Brain, and they have set up Phobia to get the information from her on their current whereabouts. Of course her information is planted and she is in turn setting up the Ousiders who show up at a Nuclear power plant in Telistocc Russia, only to be ambushed by Silver & Grey, who were expecting them. Classis twist & double twist. I really like the direction that they're taking this team. I also like all the character interaction between the teammates. There is also some truly neat ideas, like Rex moving his brain around in his head when Phobia trys to fry him. One of the subplots is, who's in there with Rex. Phobia sees someone, shows Rex, but we don't really find out who it is. I'm just guessing, but my money is on Deadman, Boston Brand. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment