Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sam & Twitch - Case Files #24 - Image

I really like this book. But it's plagued with the same problems the first incarnation had. It never, ever, comes out on time. The first run had 17 issues, I think, but it took them about 3 years to publish those. This one is up to #24 now, and I think it again has been 3 or 4 years. When this incarnation started out, it did good for awhile, but then it started falling into the same 'ol same 'ol again. You can definitely tell by the art. The more it gets behind, the simpler and more rudimentary the art gets. But I really like this book. I've been trying to stick with it, hoping that they'll get it back together. Marc Andreyko can write some really good stories. But this particular issue, it's been so long since the last, I have no idea what is going on. Usually Marc's writing is expressive enough that after 2 or 3 pages, you get pulled right back in from the last issue. This one, not so much. Ihonestly, really can't remember what happened last issue. I went ahead and read it anyways, hoping that I would have an epiphany, but sadly, no! Read my way through the whole book, and nothing. Also this particular issue read like an episode of Criminal Investigation, or CSI, or NYPD Blue, or whatever. It was boring!! The covers are still awesome, but the interiors need some serious attention. Also it seems like the artist is trying to hard to make them look like the people that they want to play them in the movie. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe they're so worried,or involved in the production, of the movie, that the book is falling by the wayside. It's happened before. Whatever the problem this book needs some serious creative attention, and maybe even revamped.

No comments:

Post a Comment