Sunday, July 02, 2006

Exiles #83 - Marvel

This one is a sad story. I guess they've decided to go through the Crystal Palace and do some housekeeping. So, they're taking all the people that are in stasis, but are dead, back to their home earth's so they can get the proper closure and burial that they deserve. They send back Magnus, Mesmero, Wolverine, Maverick, Daredevil (who isn't dead, but is a bad guy), Iron Man (who also isn't dead, but is his worlds P.E. #1), Kane, Angel ,Storm, Vision, Colossus, Magik, Hulk, Spider, Ms. Marvel, Gambit and Namora. Blink who, originally wanted to bury Cal, Mimic, in the desert inside the Crystal Palace to keep him close, eventually decides to take him back to his home earth personally. She blinks into Xavier's and tells the X-men, "I've brought him home for a proper funeral. Cal died fighting for what he believed in. I'll tell you what happened. And why he's been gone . . . . and, then I hope you'll tell me everything he never got a chance to tell me himself." Sad stuff. But hopefully this is just tying up some loose ends, and we'll get back into the action next month. I think next month will bring a new creative team also. I'm not sure who the artist is going to be, but I think Chris Claremont will be writing it. Can't wait to see where we're going next.

No comments:

Post a Comment