Saturday, August 05, 2006

Strangers in Paradise #83 & #84 - Abstact Studios




Ok, I got a little behind, so I read theses 2 together. Which is really a good thing, because Terry Moore always leaves you wanting more at the end of his book. So this time I got to move right into the second one, but I still wanted more at the end of it. I can't say enough about this book. Everything about it is fantastic. The story, the characters, the character developement, the various plots, the various plot twists, the different styles that he uses to get his stories across, they are all genius. I got into this book at about the middle of the second series. I always though it was a "chick" book, so I didn't bother. But I had also heard from a lot of people how much they liked it. So I thought, what the heck, and tried it out. I then proceeded to go through a lot of comic bins looking for all the back issues, and haven't stopped bying it since. Now there's only 6 issues left. That sucks!! But, I can't wait to read the stories in between. I'll really miss these characters when they're gone. But, the road to that ending, is still going to be good. Quick recap: Francine finds out her husband, Brad, is having an affair. Tambi, with help from Cherry & Annie, is off to try to save David. She's going to enlist the help of a Neurosurgeon in Germany, and they are going to look for David's sister in Japan. Katchoo and Casey decide that they both love David equally, and that the best thing they could do for him is to have his child. Casey can't, so it's up to Katchoo. So now, for his final days, they're going to be a threesome. Poor David. Brad's brother Griffin is shot and killed on stage while performing. So, even though she doesn't love Brad anymore, Francine has to go with him and Griffin's wife Nikki to the funeral and to spread his ashes. While talking to Nikki, Francine has the epifany that she still loves Katchoo. Suprised? Katchoo pulls all of her money, or her Darcy money, out of her Swiss account and enjoy life with David and Casey. Tambi gets the ball rolling with the German doctor. While Cherry and Annie do indeed find David's sister. And we get to see a glimpse of Griffin as he comes "home". Fantastic!!!! I love this book and I love these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment