Saturday, August 05, 2006

Amazing Spider-man #534 - Marvel

This book is always good. We get to see Peter's involvment in the whole SHIELD operation, and his take on it. They're moving some detainee's to a permanent facility, but, in order to do so, they have to move right through downtown Manhattan. They're sure there's going to be trouble, which there is. Peter ends up coming face to face with Cap. They fight, athough Peter still has the hugest respect for him, because they're on opposite sides of the fence. His feelings, and their interaction, is great. But the main point of this story, is to let us see that Peter is really starting to question the whole thing, and his "real" role in things. First he's beginning to question Tony. He's starting to think that Tony knows more than he is telling him. He's also beginning to wonder how Tony is getting some of his information. He also feels, "I'm legal. I'm registered. I'm authorized. And as I feel this whole situation starting to unravel all around me . . . . . . . I just hope to God that I'm also right." He's a very somber Spider-man right now, because he has all of this running through his head. I have a feeling he's eventually going to switch sides, and there's going to be hell to pay because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment