Thursday, August 31, 2006

Batman #656 - DC


Ok, we're on the Morrison / Kubert ride again. Please fasten your seatbelts. Bruce is in London at a Pop-Art exhibit. The gallery is filled with frames from comic books. Bruce remarks, "all this comic stuff is way to highbrow for me." And when he looking at another piece he says, ". . . there's a message here somewhere. I know if I just stare hard enough. . ." Classic!! But the evenings festivities are going to be interupted by Kirk Langstom. He just gave Talia the Man-Bat formula, and she's about to crash the party with her very own kamikazee samuri Man-Bats. About 20 or them. The funny thing is, as these fight scenes are going on, you're put in mind of the TV show, because you have all of these comic frames in the background. We even get a glimpse of holiday dinner with Aunt Agitha. But as I said this whole thing was set up by Talia because she want Bruce to be in his peak form when she introduces him to his son. Talia says, "have you forgotten the night you and I shared under the desert moon above the tropic of cancer?" "I remember being drugged senseless and refusing to cooperate is some depraved eugenics experiment.", replys Bruce. To which Talia coyly says, "Believe me. . . . you cooperated magnificently." And the only thing his son says, as he's holding a sword to his throat is, "I imagined you taller." These are going to be some awesome issues with these 2 on board. Get a ticket, and keep your arms inside of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment