Monday, August 07, 2006

Detective #822 - DC


Ok, I was a little hard on Paul Dini last issue. I called his story simplistic. I really didn't like that issue. However, this issue is much better. I like the twist of the Riddler teaming up with Batman to solve a crime. When they were riding in the batmobile talking to Comm. Gordon, it was great. The thing that I like about the story is the strength of character of Bruce. He could've refused to work with him. He could've done whatever he had to to take him down, or discredit him. But, he chose the high ground and worked side by side with him. Yes the Riddler took the wrong path, and Batman took the right one, but he didn't throw it in his face. He just solved the crime, and went on with his life. And left the Riddler alone. Brilliant!!! I also have to give credit to Don Kramer. He's been doing the pencils on a few of the Batman books the last couple of months, and I really like his stuff. The coloring is good, and that helps. But Don's pencils really look nice. Of course the Simone Bianchi cover is brilliant also. Like I said I was a little hard on this book last month, but, this month, I really like it. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment