Saturday, August 05, 2006

New Avengers #22 - Marvel

Another book that I really like, although it's probably more because of Brian Michael Bendis than anything else. The artwork in this issue, I thought, was subpar. Leinil Yu does the pencils. I'm usually a fan, but, I guess, he's trying something new this issue, and I didn't really care for the results. It's ok, but not at his usual standard. Anyways, this one is mainly about Luke Cage and his wife. It tells how he is drawn into action with Cap. He really justs wants to stay in his own neighborhood, but the world won't let him. So he sends his wife and child off to Canada, and joins up with Cap to create the underground. The interaction between characters is great, and believable. Especially between Luke and his wife. My only complaint it that this books seems to be about 2 months behind the Civil War storyline. I'm not sure if it's meant to be that way, but if you know how the story's going to play out, it's less suspensful. But, any story Brian writes is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment