Monday, August 21, 2006

Ghost Rider #2 - Marvel


First let me say that I'm really diggin' this Daniel Way. He's the writer of this series, and Wolverine Origins. I like Wolverine Origins so much that I recently found the Mini-Series "Deadpool's Greatest Hits", and picked it up immediately only because this guy wrote it. Fantastic stories. Now, adding to that is the art on this series by Javier Saltares and Mark Texeira, and I think we got a winner here. Oh yeah, not to diminish how great of a character Ghost Rider is also. Can't wait to see the movie. Anyways, Johnny has really mucked it up this time. He finally made it out of hell, but, he brought the devil out with him. So now not only does Johnny have to worry about just what he's going to be responsible for, but the devils gonna be doggin' him at every step. He does it this issue when he possess' a dead grandfather, and takes his family on a road trip. Oh yeah, then he wipes them all out when he doses the van in gasoline. He does this in front of Johnny's face and then flaunts that he can possess anyone he wants, as he rolls on down the highway. But then, on the last panel, Doctor Strange shows up. Like I said I really like this guys style of storytelling. With this creative team at the helm, this book will be around for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment