Saturday, August 05, 2006

Green Lantern Corps #2 - DC


Ok this book is only on issue #2, so I'm still getting in to it. But, I like what I've seen so far. First, Dave Gibbons is doing the writing, so it's very intriguing. There's a few plot threads, that I can see, that are being started up. Patrick Gleason is on pencils. I'm not a huge fan, but with this series being set almost solely in space sectors other that ours, his style works great with all the aliens and alien landscapes and technology. We've seen a lot of Guy Gardner these first 2 issues, which is fine by me 'cause he's one of my favorites. Him and Natu are investigating a string of murders that are stretching across many sectors. The only consistancy between them is that they all appear to be heros of their own worlds. But with no apparent motives or consistent patterns, they have no idea where to start or what to look for. So they have their rings identify possible targets, based on what they do know, and rank them. They start with the first, obviously, but arive just a little bit late. This time their target appears to be a pair of brothers, but before they can arrive one is lost. Really, the whole book is about this story, but there are some glimpses of other lanterns and other stories that are just beginning. I'm sure they'll all be connected in some way. After all this is the GLCorps. But since this is just the beginning of the ride, and I don't really know what to expect, I think I'll save my criticisms and critiques until we're riden out a few more twists and turns. I'm interested to see what kind of ride Dave has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment