Monday, August 07, 2006

Creeper #1 - DC


Ok, I know that there's been a few incarnations of the Creeper in the last couple of years. But there's always been a classic one. That of Jack Ryder. He's been around since the 40's or 50's. Well now he's being brought into the new millenium. This is the classic tale of Jack Ryder, crossing some mob or gang or whatever, and through his actions becoming the Creeper. Well this time its nanotech that does the trick. After creating the nano-genetech, a gang wants the genes for themselves. Well, of course, Jack gets caught in the middle. Long story short, the doctor injects him with the final cells, he gets shot, the cells bring him back to life. A little altered of course though. And on the fly, he comes up with the laugh, and the Creeper. It's ok for a first issue. If you've read the old story, you knew what was going to happen. I'll let it slide, because I want to see what they do with the character from here. Justiniano is on pencils, and they're perfect for this story. I'll be more forthcoming with my opinion when I see what they do with him next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment