Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hellblazer #223 - Vertigo


Ok I guess this is a stand alone issue. I kinda' had a hard time figuring out what was going on. From what I understand, Map, who is literally the spirit of London, is having a bad day. He's having bad dreams, and in his head, seeing the upper level in chaos, murder and mayhem. So, he contacts John. Apparently someone is trying to get to Map, and they're using his visions to do it. John gets the bright idea that getting him out of the city limits might help, as he would become disconnected with the City's spirit. But this backfires on him and almost kills Map. And things really do seem like they may get out of control without Map's loving guidance. So he rushes him back to the subway and supposedly things are back to normal. That part I get. The purpose of the whole story, I don't understand. Obviously we're probably being set up for some future story arc, but I don't really understand what the purpose of the whole thing is, or was. Hopefully we'll find out in the future, but right now, I'm lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment