Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Noble Causes #20 - Image

First of all with this book, Jay Faerber, writes an awesome story. It's almost like a soap opera, but with two super-powered families, the Nobles and the Blackthorns. The Noble are, supposedly, "good" and the Blackthorns are, supposedly, "bad". These families interact back and forth. Some out in the open, some undercover, or under the covers. There's a short list of friends that fall into the stories also. But mostly it's about these two families and their adventures. Both together, and separate. The series has had, I think, a one shot or two, two mini-series, and then this continuing one which is now on #20. The art was ok in the beginning, got a little iffy a couple of times in the middle, but now there's a new artist, Jon Bosco. He looks like he has a lot of potential. Right now, he looks green. But I think it will improve. But, the quality of the story, more that makes up for anything else. There's a lot of nuances in the character development, that really make the reader invest in the story. This book definitely isn't burning up the charts. I think my comic dealer only buys about 4 copies every month. But, I think it's a sleeper. Between the 2 families, you got about 15 or 16 characters, but Jay does a good job of focusing a little attention on each one every month. It's almost like a team-up book, but, it's not. It's a book that if you can get ahold of the trade paperbacks, you could get caught up. And I think you'd be happy with your investment. I like it. But, that's me. Try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment