Friday, June 16, 2006

New X-men # 27 - Marvel

Ok I've stuck with this book through it's 3 or 4 title changes. This book, now is actually on issue 45 to 55 right now. But, that's ok. My guess is that they've decided to change their approach to these characters, and the title that they started with, was no longer going to fit the adapted group and storyline. Whether or not that's true, I don't know. But I'll keep telling myself it is. Anyways, what started out as various teams, or squads, has been filtered down into about 10 to 12 main characters. Some of the periphery ones got killed off in this issue. Thinning the flock I guess. Also in this book they are making a major change to the Josh Foley character. He finds out that William Stryker in the one responsible for Laurie's death, and uses his powers in a way either he, nor anyone else, knew was possible. There was somekind of feedback, and now he's incapacitated for awhile. And, supposedly, Stryker is dead. Also, we got the Sentinel Prime (?), looking for Forge for some reason, and the last page of the book, it finds him. First of all, it's good to see Forge brought back into the X-men storylines. Fantastic character. Second, this book is really turning in to an interesting group of characters. Nothing at all like the original X-men. Other than name, and they happen to be in the X-men school. But, other than that. And again that's ok. We've seen the X-men recreated many times. And, eventually, they fall back in to the same patterns and teams. I'm not complaining, because I really like the X-men. But, it's just good to see some new blood. And someone who's not going to be the next Cyclops, or the next Storm. We already have those characters. It's good to see some fresh ideas. Now, we have Craig Kyle & Chris Yost writing. Doing a pretty decent job. And Paca Medina on pencils. And, Paco's pencils have really been growing into this book. I really feel that this book is getting a feel all it's own in the X-men universe. I like it, and I look forward to seeing what's going to happen next. What more can I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment