Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hellblazer #221 - Vertigo

I'll admit it. I had to go back and read this book twice to try to remember what was going on. The first time through, I was lost. The second time through, I think I got the jist of the story, but I still feel like I may have missed some things in the last couple of issues. That's not to say it isn't well written, it is. The author, Denise Mina, is very descriptive in the emotions and feelings of John Constantine. And the backstory on this Ornsay Contingent, was very thorough. I just had a hard time remembering what had led up to what I was reading now. The first part of the story was very forgettable. This issue a lot was explained. I think I understand who the antagoniste and protagonists are. I can see the plotlines coming together underneath the main story. I just wasn't overly thrilled with it. Leonardo Manco's art was ok. It was gritty and dark, like this series, so it fit. Again just not overly impressed. This is another one of those books I've been purchasing since it's inception, so I'll stick with it through thick and thin. Right now, I feel it's one of the thinner moments. I hope this story plays out well, with a satisfactory resolution to whatever issue is at hand. But, I still feel its' going to be confusing and forgetable. Please, let's wrap it up soon and move on to the next story arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment