Saturday, October 28, 2006

Omac #4 - DC


Like I said for the first three issue, this book is just hard for me to get in to. I just don't buy in to the characters. So much so that I even have a hard time remembering any of their names. I'll try to explain the story as best I can, but if I seem disinterested as I'm doing so, it's because I am. This kid, Mike Costner, whom the Omac is connected to, lands in some shithole in what looks like Arizona or New Mexico, or something. Anyways some thugs try to attack him, and when the Omac trys to take over, he consciously stops it from happening. He does still get some of the powers, but he stops the transformation. Of course he takes out his attackers and blows up a gas station. He wakes up then after saving Vienna, although he doesn't remember it, from being run over by a truck. Vienna is the stripper girl who's dressing room he ran through in issue 1 or 2. She takes him on their bus, with the rest of the strippers, and their "manager". They all see him as a liability, and a junkee, because of his track marks, and the "manager" decides they would be better off just to shoot him and leave him lying in the desert. Vienna says she'll do it, obviously so she can fake it. We learn a little more about Brother Eye this issue, because it is trying to rebuild itself in outer space. We also learn that it can't connect with Mike unless he's high, because when he was originally infected he was. So as long as Mike stays clean, Brother Eye won't have a clean connection. On the last page, the group of junkies that picked Mike up out of the desert, after Vienna faked shooting him, run in to, literally, the bus she's on. The last panel is Vienna laying on the ground looking up at Mike in the Omac transformation. I'll ride this out to the end, because it's only 8 issues, but, I just don't really like it all that much. I'm severly dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment