Saturday, October 28, 2006

Desolation Jones #7 - Wildstorm


I was really suprised to see this book back out again. I just assumed that after the first 6 issues, that that was it. This is another fantastic character by Warren Ellis. I'm not completely bought in to the artwork by Danijel Zezelj. I like his stuff, but I don't know how it's going to fit here. But, since I liked the first 6 issues so much, I'm more than willing to wait it out a little bit, because , I know the story will be more that worth it. Not to disparage Danijel's art, but I'm bought in to this one because of the story. Since all we really know of Jones is what we learned in the first story, we'll be delving into his past some more. Learn what makes him tick. How he got the way he his. Did he volunteer to get "fucked up" like this? And why is he naked so much? But, as I said, with Warren Ellis writing this, I'm sure we'll find out all we want, and more. Wildstorm, is really putting out some cool stuff of late. It's nice to see someone take chances on stories and characters, like this one. Makes it feel like more of an "adult" market. Plus, with so many "heroes" out there, it's nice to see some "anti-heroes". And, I always like a story that makes me think. And I can count on Warren for that. If you can find the first 6 issues, I definitely recommend it. I'm sure it's out in a TPB by now. This is a fantastic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment